Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Country Ribs

What a great meal! I was so stuffed, I didn't have the energy to post the recipe last night. Since I'm snowed in today , I'll post two great recipes! The rub John made for these ribs was excellent! I highly recommend it. This recipe comes from Meathead's Memphis Dust Rub Recipe. The recipe makes about 3 cups of rub. You may want to cut it in half. I'm actually glad we made so much. We'll definitely use it again!

Ingredients

3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. paprika
1/4 c. kosher salt
1/4 c. garlic powder
2 Tbls. ground black pepper
2 Tbls. ground ginger powder
2 Tbls. onion powder
2 Tbls. rosemary powder (we used actual dried rosemary, fresh would be great too!)

Directions

Mix all ingredients together. Massage onto meat. This can be done the night before or even two hours before you are ready to cook your ribs. You can also start by applying a thin layer of vegetable oil to your ribs, before the rub. Cook the ribs in an oven set to 325 degrees for about 2- 2/12 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. We used a digital meat thermometer, which worked great.




  We both agreed that the rub was definitely a winner. However, next time I think we would try it on baby back ribs or country spare ribs. These ribs were a little large and fatty. I'm definitely going to use it on the next pork roast I make. The recipe even suggests using the rub on chicken, turkey or salmon. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment