Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Hiatus Is Over!

With all the cooking and eating that goes on in our house, I figured it was about time to start hitting the treadmill again. So after the 5 a.m. coffee with my husband, I broke down and did it. I have to say, I felt pretty energized all day. I tried to eat healthy all day too. For dinner last night I made a really easy, delicious chicken dish. I paired it with fresh, steamed broccoli and white, Jasmine rice. Ok, ok, I know white rice isn't so great for you . . . but it is delicious! And hey, I didn't serve bread with dinner. (That's a start, isn't it?) ENJOY! 

TOTALLY AWESOME (AND QUICK) LEMON CHICKEN
Recipe from: Rowan College Cookbook

Ingredients
1 lemon thinly sliced
6 chicken breasts (I used 3)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning (I just sprinkle it on . . .no measuring!)
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange lemon slices in bottom of a 13x9 baking dish (or whatever size fits your amount of chicken). Place chicken on top of lemon slices. Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with lemon pepper and parsley. Bake 30 minutes. If desired sprinkle mushrooms around chicken. Bake 10 minutes longer, until chicken is tender.






John is making dinner tonight! He made a rub for country ribs.  I can't wait to try it. These little babies have been in the fridge all night covered with the rub. Check back later today for the recipe!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! I'm going to make this for Chad tonight :D

    ReplyDelete