Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pea-Prosciutto Sauce

This recipe is from the March issue of the Food Network magazine. I served it over cheese ravioli as suggested in the recipe, but this sauce would be great over linguini or penne or whatever your favorite pasta happens to be!

Ingredients

4 oz. chopped prosciutto
2 Tbls. olive oil
3 sliced garlic cloves
1 Tbls. tomato paste
1 cup pasta-cooking water
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen peas
chopped parsley
grated parmesan cheese

Directions

Cook prosciutto in olive oil over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in sliced garlic cloves and tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Ladle in pasta-cooking water and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Toss with 1 pound cooked ravioli, 1 cup blanched peas and some chopped parsley. Top with grated parmesan.   

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jame! I started a little blogspot blog (I just switched from tumblr) so now I can "follow" you on here! I loveeeed your candy buffet from your niece's birthday..so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS forgot to say this is Nicole Fulton! I bet you were thinking, who IS this stranger posting a comment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha . . .thanks Nicole! How are you? Thanks so much for joining. I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you're my first follower!! We can definitely trade recipes, but yours are definitely better than mine!

    ReplyDelete