Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Party Planning {Inspiration)

I am designing some sweet treats for two up coming birthday parties in March. The first party is for my niece, Alyssa. She'll be turning 6 on March 13th. Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" is her absolute favorite. Since my sister already ordered an Ariel cake, I am designing the rest of the treats, which are all centered around the "Little Mermaid" theme.  Here's just a sneak preview of what I'm working on. . . . 
Fish Cookie Pops

I found these great fish cookies, which have become the inspiration for my cookie pops. I am so excited to make these. I'll be using purple, blue and green for my cookies. I also found two half gallon fish bowls that these little guys will be popping out of on sticks. I plan to fill the fish bowl with blue gumballs. Oh and let's not forget the starfish cookies that will line the bottoms of the fish bowls! In addition to the fish cookie pops, I am also planning a candy buffet. I recently ordered these cute apothecary jars. They are going to look great with all the different colored candies. I made a "Thank You" label to put on the white party bags I ordered from Twig and Thistle. These will give Alyssa's friends a chance to take some candy home! 

  

The other party I am working on is for my friend Joann. She is having a combined party for both her daughters since their birthdays are a month a part. Marley is turning 5 and Rilynn is turning 1. While there are two themes going on at this party . ..  ."Rock Star" and "Mickey Mouse" . .. the colors are the same ... zebra and hot pink.  I can't wait! 

Stay tuned for more party details .  .. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment