Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beer Stew


This is another great recipe for a week night. It is so easy to prepare and of course since you make it in the crockpot, it's even easier! I took this picture after I got it all together in the crockpot, but forgot to take one when it was finished. It was so delicious. I served it with warm, crusty, garlic bread . . . .DELISH!

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb. beef cubes
2-3 potatoes chunked (I used about 6-8 baby redskins, quartered with the skins on)
1-3 beef bullion cubes
2 tsp salt ( I used a little less .. . it seemed like a lot)
8 oz. tomato sauce
12 oz. beer
1 tsp. oregano (I was all out, so I used dried basil)
1 small onion chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
1 cup baby carrots  (I chopped these .. . you  could leave them whole)
6 oz. baby peas (the peas are optional . . .but I used regular frozen green peas)
1 clove garlic chopped
1/2 tsp pepper.

Directions

Cut beef into 1 inch squares. Place beef, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, beer, salt, pepper, oregano and tomato paste in crock pot. Set cooker on low and cook for 8-10 hours.

Just before serving I thicken it a little with 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch and enough water to make a thin, liquid. Stir in a little at a time until you reach your desired thickness. 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment