Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pulled Pork Sammies


Ok so the picture isn't so great . . . .but the sandwiches were! This recipe was so easy. So easy, I called my mom in St. Thomas and she rattled it right off the top of her head! This was the perfect meal for the Super Bowl. Just put it in the crockpot and forget about it until game time!

Ingredients

~Bone-In Pork Butt sliced Southern Style for BBQ (This was a little over 3lbs.)
~S & P
~3/4 c. cider vinegar
~ a little garlic powder (This wasn't part of my mom's recipe but I added it)
~two bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used a bottle and a half of two completely different types of BBQ sauce)
~ Rolls

Directions

Place pork in slow cooker. Add salt and pepper. (More pepper than salt). I sprinkled a little garlic powder in also. Pour vinegar over top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker. Shread using two forks. Remove all bones. Empty juices from the slow cooker. Place pork back in slow cooker and stir in BBQ sauce. Allow the pork to heat through. Serve on your favorite rolls. Enjoy!    


No comments:

Post a Comment