Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pop Up Pankcakes


Happy Saturday! This week has been both long and stressful. I could not wait for the weekend to get here to be able to spend time with my wonderful husband and spend some time in my kitchen! I have been dying to try this recipe! These little guys were both cute and delicious! I topped them with banans, a little powdered sugar and homemade really vanilly whipped cream. It was a happy way to start our Saturday morning! This recipe is from Make and Takes.

Ingredients   
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1cup flour
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • dash of salt
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin tins

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients in the blender until smooth. 
2. Pour mix into greased muffin tins or baking pan. You can make these in a jelly roll pan if you like.
3. Bake them for 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pop them out. The puffiness will die down as they cool and they will become more like a cup. 
4. Apply your favorite toppings
5. Enjoy!

*Makes 24 muffins or fills a 9x13 baking pan


I filled the muffin cups just a little too much. Mine came out REALLY puffy and large. (But they were still delicious!) Next time I think I'm going to try adding a little sugar to the batter and maybe some vanilla extract for a little added flavor. I really love that you prepare these in your blender. It was easy and mess free! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment