Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lemon Alfredo




For Christmas my husband got me subscriptions to the "Food Network Magazine" and Rachel Ray's "Everyday." I've been watching my mailbox everyday waiting for them to get here.The first issues finally arrived last week! This recipe is from the March issue of the Food Network Magazine. It was delicious! The lemon flavor really came through in this dish. I used spinach fettuccine, which was excellent. The only thing that might have made this recipe better is a little chicken! Next time I make this I will definitely add some cut up chicken cooked in a little butter and lemon pepper.

Ingredients

1 minced shallot (I used onion)
1 Tbls butter
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/3 c. grated pecorino (I used regular grated parmesan)
Salt & Pepper
12 ounces of cooked fettuccine

Directions

Cook 1 minced shallot in a skillet with 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until golden, 3 minutes. Whisk heavy cream, egg yolk and lemon zest in a bowl; reduce heat to low and whisk into the skillet along with grated pecorino. Whisk until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and plenty of pepper. Toss with 12 ounces cooked fettuccine and some pasta-cooking water. Top with more pecorino.

This first issue of the "Food Network Magazine" was their Italian issue. I found some other great recipes that I plan to try . . .  I also learned a few things about Italian food and Italian cooking.

How Italian are you? Can you match the following cheeses with these animals?


Pecorino Romano                Caprino               Asiago


A. Goat       B. Cow       C. Sheep



No comments:

Post a Comment